Communications Coordinator - Canada Summer Student Jobs
Type of Job
Part-Time (20 hours/week)
June 15, 2021 - September 15, 2021
About the Job
Free Periods Canada will be launching a new program in September 2021. This program aims to connect and empower Canadian youth that are interested in getting involved with menstrual & reproductive healthcare advocacy. You will be working closely with our executive director to develop communication materials on time for a successful launch of the program.
You will be working remotely, and will report directly to our executive director. You can work from anywhere in Canada, however, you must be available in the evenings in Pacific time as our core team members are located in Vancouver, BC.
Specific Program Related Duties :
Writing Social Media post descriptions
Working closely with Social Media Coordinator to design posts
Developing short videos using Descript, Veed.io or Canva to promote Free Period Canada’s programs
Developing templates for newsletters
Writing copies for email sequences to keep program participants engaged
Ensure that the project deliverables are completed in a timely manner
- Updating our public facing website (Adding event information on the website, ensuring that the information is up to date etc.)
- Attend weekly team meetings and develop progress reports
- Create an editorial calendar, which will map out communication posts, templates & ideas for FPC events over the next year
- Must be a canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Must have access to personal computer or laptop. All required programs and softwares will be supplied by Free Periods Canada
- Strong ability to write in the English language
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram etc. is required
- Experience in digital marketing or communications in an asset, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment
Next Steps :
Everyone who applies will receive a decision on their application. We intend to reach out to all recipients shortly after the application period closes.
Free Periods Canada is a grassroots non-profit organization (previously known as Period at UBC). Our goal is to promote intersectional menstrual equity by ensuring all menstruators have access to the products and information they need. Since 2016, we have been working to improve period product access and initiate conversations about menstrual stigma. We have an evidence-based approach to our work, and encourage an open, inclusive environment.