Treasurer - Board Member
Type of Job
About the Job
The treasurer will oversee the financial matters of Free Periods Canada and ensure that it is in line with good practice and accordance with legal requirements. The Treasurer will report the financial health of the organization to the board of directors at regular intervals.
We are looking for someone who can help us :
- Ensure that proper accounts and records are kept
- Act as a signatory on any applications for funds
- Contribute to the fundraising strategy of the organization
- Implement CRA policies/regulatory requirements with respect to financial compliance
- Clarify confusion over financial issues related to CRA expectations to ensure financial decisions
do not place the charity in a vulnerable position for sanctions.
- Ensure all required financial records are available to support CRA reporting expectations and can
be effectively transferred to the appropriate T3010B reporting lines.
Must be a resident of Canada
Attendance at bi-monthly virtual meetings
Commit to the role for a one year term
Free Periods Canada is a grassroots non-profit organization (previously known as Period at UBC). Our goal is to promote intersectional menstrual equity by ensuring all menstruators have access to the products and information they need. Since 2016, we have been working to improve period product access and initiate conversations about menstrual stigma. We have an evidence-based approach to our work, and encourage an open, inclusive environment.